Error messages - ERROR 875 invalid output workspace while running developed toolbox SPreaD-GISv.2.0

01-20-2015 11:45 AM
AaronGrade
New Contributor

Hello all,

I am continually getting an error message while running a toolbox. The error is as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\SPreAD-GISv2.0\SPreAD-GIS\toolbox\scripts\1_AmbientSoundConditions.py", line 33, in <module>

gp.Reclassify_sa(veg, "SPREADTYPE", expression, ambient, "DATA")

ExecuteError: ERROR 000875: Output raster: C:/SPreAD-GIS/source_data/ambient400's workspace is an invalid output workspace.

ERROR 000581: Invalid parameters.

Failed to execute (Reclassify).

The step in the toolbox is to develop an output raster based on an input raster and some other information. It is supposed to automatically generate the "ambient400" workspace to develop an ambient background noise dataset for subsequent analyses (i.e. Step 1 in the toolbox). It has worked for me in the past, and has recently stopped working. I am using data inputs from a geodatabase. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could fix this error?

Thank you.

See: http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/~sereed/research/SPreAD-GIS.html for more information on the toolbox and the user guide.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It seems that your output workspace is a folder so you are creating Esri grid files. There are some limitations regarding the naming of grid files and the folder they are created in.

• The maximum number of characters is 13
  • It cannot have spaces
  • It cannot use special characters other than underscore ( "_" )
  • The name should start with a letter, not a number (recommendation)

Try to use this also for the naming of the folders the raster will be stored in.

So probably the dash in the main folder is causing this:

C:/SPreAD-GIS/source_data

Some more reading:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos