Error changing the outline color for symbology rendering

09-13-2022 11:42 AM
ThiPham12
New Contributor III

I am not sure why when I try to change my symbology outline color, it would change the symbology color, instead of the outline color. Is there something wrong with my script? Thanks for your help!

if sym.renderer.type == 'SimpleRenderer':
     sym.updateRenderer('GraduatedColorsRenderer')
     sym.renderer.classificationField = Comp_Field
     sym.renderer.breakCount = 7
     sym.renderer.colorRamp = p.listColorRamps('Green_Blue_3')[0]

for brk in sym.renderer.classBreaks:
    brk.symbol.size = 6
    brk.symbol.outlineColor = {'RGB':[0,0,0,0]}  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
dgiersz_cuyahoga
Occasional Contributor

I think that RGBA value would result in black that is fully transparent, so you wouldn't see it.

RGBA color values are an extension of RGB color values with an alpha channel - which specifies the opacity for a color. An RGBA color value is specified with: rgba(red, green, blue, alpha). The alpha parameter is a number between 0.0 (fully transparent) and 1.0 (fully opaque).

#CLE #sloth
0 Kudos
ThiPham12
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. I tried changing the symbology outline to different colors and played with the opacity, which is the last number of the RGB (e.g. brk.symbol.outlineColor = {'RGB' : [0, 0, 0, 100]}), but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The symbology outline remains a constant black color. I am not sure why. I know the syntax is correct...

0 Kudos
ThiPham12
New Contributor III

@dgiersz_cuyahoga Yes, you are right. However, the outline color still shows black, regardless of the RGB and opaque number. For example:

brk.symbol.outlineColor = {'RGB':[0,0,0,0]}   # outline color = black (should be clear)

brk.symbol.outlineColor = {'RGB':[0,0,0,100]} #outline color = black (correct outline color)

brk.symbol.outlineColor = {'RGB':[255,255,0,]} #outline color = black (should be red)

I am starting to wonder if this is a ArcGIS Pro issue... 

0 Kudos