Copy Features Error 000210

01-20-2021 05:13 AM
JacobConshick
New Contributor II

I am trying to copy my feature but for some reason I keep getting Error 000210. I am using Arcpro and I did the fixes online but I cannot get it to work.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you give more context/information on what you're doing, what tools you're using to do it, and the full error message?

This is in the python area, is this a script which is failing or just a tool? If a script, can you share the script?

0 Kudos
JacobConshick
New Contributor II

I am trying to copy a shapefile before I perform my analysis so I have a backup. This worked Thursday last week with no issue but now it is not.

This is code subset

input shapefile: feature = r"J:\1086\210\GIS\ROW_140\Data\OLIVER\Refined\Acushnet_Oliver_Parcels_15.shp"

output shapefile: featureCopy = r"J:\1086\210\GIS\ROW_140\Data\Draft\Draft_Acushnet_Parcels.shp"

tool used: arcpy.CopyFeatures_management(feature, featureCopy)

Error:

ERROR 000210: Cannot create output J:\1086\210\GIS\ROW_140\Data\Draft\Draft_Acushnet_Parcels.shp
Failed to execute (CopyFeatures).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
JacobConshick
New Contributor II

I can see how that would work when using a geodatabase. But I am not sure if this would apply for shapefiles. My input and output are two different shapefiles going to two different locations.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

then the tool inputs or you python code needs to be looked at

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

"J:\1086\210\GIS\ROW_140\Data\Draft\Draft_Acushnet_Parcels.shp"

print(p)
J86ˆ\GIS\ROW_140\Data\Draft\Draft_Acushnet_Parcels.shp

the old path beginning with numbers issue