Cannot open SDE feature class to create a SpatialDataFrame using Python API

03-15-2018 12:17 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am attempting to use the Python API (not arcpy) in a Jupyter Notebook to load a feature class from SDE into a SpatialDataFrame.

# Snippet begins after standard boilerplate code for setting up a notebook
# for use with ArcGIS API for Python

from arcgis.features import SpatialDataFrame
sdf = SpatialDataFrame.from_featureclass(<path to feature class>)‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

I've successfully loaded several feature classes of varying geometry types into a SpatialDataFrame from the same SDE database without issue. However, I do have one feature class, RALEIGH.PARKS, that, when I try to load it, produces the following error:

• The only difference I've been able to find thus far is under Feature Class Properties>Source>Storage the value is High Precision using ST_Geometry spatial type (SRID 2264) whereas the others are listed as High Precision using Esri Binary spatial type
  • All layers open properly in ArcGIS Pro.
  • If I export the RALEIGH.PARKS to a File Geodatabase and try to open it from there, I am able to successfully load the data into a SpatialDataFrame

Has anyone else run into problems loading a Feature Class from SDE into a SpatialDataFrame using the Python API? I'm personally not quite sure what further to troubleshoot this error and finding the docs to be a little spotty. Any suggestions on what I might try?

0 Kudos
0 Replies