ArcGIS toolbox script error

Jump to solution
11-16-2015 01:32 AM
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

I have built an ArcGIS toolbox for ArcMap 10.3. The tool works fine. However, sometimes I am receiving an error (attached below) and to enable the use of the toolbox I have to restart ArcMap and import the toolbox again. I do not know what is wrong in line 47 in the script - which is according to the message responsible for the error, because when I added few additional lines in the code the error still appear in line 47 (doesn't matter what is in this line). Does anyone know what should I do to correct this error?

Script error.png

Tags (3)
14 Replies
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

On my computer only combination of:

1) allow previously unused ActiveX controls to run without prompt,

2) resetting an ArcGIS application profile,

3) rebooting of the computer

works. Thank you all for help!

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

It's days like this that show the true power of a GIS forums!

I can confirm that our Allow previously unused ActiveX controls to run without prompt was DISABLED and when I ENABLED it and rebooted, it finally stops throwing the scripting error! Thank you everyone!

p.s. I tried setting the security settings to medium but the permissions level kept resetting this back to medium-high, the ActiveX setting seems to be enough to solve the scripting error.

LukeSturtevant
Occasional Contributor III

Have you tried simply Googling it yet? I got a hit on ArcGIS script errors and a possible solution here:

GIS Geek: ArcGIS 10: Script Error After Clicking on Description Tab

KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Luke (again)!

I see that it is not the problem of my script, and that it happens after checking "Item Description" of any tool provided by ArcGIS (at least on my computer). Here I have found also more detailed description of the problem ArcGIS Geoprocessing Tools Scripting Error | GISNuts.com

amroqarrot
New Contributor III

Close the program and then restart it

0 Kudos