Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist

01-28-2015 05:42 AM

Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist

I simple, introductory programming text for Python. Introduced to me by a friend. Wanted to share in response to a Learning Python poll I took this morning. I read the copyright to be sure I could distribute it and it says "permission is granted to copy, distribute, and/or modify this document"

Attachments
Comments

Thank you for this! I'm self teaching myself right now since my college doesn't

t have a class I can attend.

Thanks for the info Ben.  On reading the intro, and checking out the various reference pages, also found

How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python 2nd Edition

Which is last updated in 2012 (vs 2008).  Not sure how much has changed.  It's a web page vs a pdf.

Excellent resource.

Thank you for posting this. It's just what I needed.

Anonymous User

Thank you so much for this!

Here is the latest version of this book using Python 3.  

How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python 3 (RLE)

https://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english3e/

"Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist" is an introductory book on programming and computer science using the Python programming language. The book is written by Allen B. Downey and is available freely online under a Creative Commons license. It's a popular resource for beginners who want to learn programming and computer science concepts Free Exploit Executor.

Here are some key features of the book:

1. Introduction to Python: The book starts with an introduction to Python, one of the most beginner-friendly programming languages. It covers the basics of Python syntax and programming concepts.

2. Emphasis on Problem Solving: "Think Python" focuses on problem-solving and computational thinking. It encourages readers to think like computer scientists and solve problems using Python.

Version history
Last update:
‎01-28-2015 05:42 AM
Updated by:
Contributors