Which licence should I have on an Image Server in order to publish a python script with 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst ?

Jump to solution
12-08-2020 12:30 PM
xavierlhomme
Occasional Contributor

Hello 

I want to publish a python script which use spatial analyst tools and a 3D Analyst tools on a  MosaicDatasat.  

I've a GIS Advanded Server 10.6.1 avs an Image Server 10..6.1.

On the first server, I'm able to publish my GP Service, but it won't start due to the MosaicDataset not alowed on a GIS Advanded Server.

On the second server, I'm not able to publish my GP Service, beacause I don't have  Spatial analyst and  3D Analyst extension. 

Finaly I concatened the keycode file of the GIS Advanced Server with the keycode of the Image Analysis ,  and  succeed to publish on Image Server.

But I asked to the support with licence I need to purchase to purchase... but nobony knows... 

xavier 

Xavier Lhomme
GIS Architect / ESIRI Expert
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is best to contact your account representative.

That said, it is your use of 3D Analyst tools that is putting you in a bind because ArcGIS Image Server comes licensed with Spatial Analyst tools but 3D Analyst is only included with ArcGIS GIS Server Advanced (only, you can't buy the extension separate anymore).  You can dual license a single machine, but it is still two licenses to pay for and not one. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Xavier,

This functionality matrix is useful for determining server roles, licenses, and capabilities:

https://www.esri.com/content/dam/esrisites/en-us/media/brochures/arcgis-enterprise-functionality-mat...

It looks like for 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst tools, you need GIS Server Advanced. And as for a mosaic dataset, you need the Image Server role, as you have already discovered. 

Let me know if what you are looking for is missing from that document.

Thanks,

Calvin

xavierlhomme
Occasional Contributor

Hello

Serve ArcGIS 3D Analyst tools is a capability of the ArcGIS GIS Server Advanced. 

But if you use a MosaicDataSet, in you GPservice : it won't start.

Thanks 

Xavier Lhomme
0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is best to contact your account representative.

That said, it is your use of 3D Analyst tools that is putting you in a bind because ArcGIS Image Server comes licensed with Spatial Analyst tools but 3D Analyst is only included with ArcGIS GIS Server Advanced (only, you can't buy the extension separate anymore).  You can dual license a single machine, but it is still two licenses to pay for and not one. 

xavierlhomme
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks for the solution you provides. 

It's acceptable if you have an Enterprise Licence Agreement. 

If not ... 

hope this user case will be analysed by ESRI Inc 

Xavier Lhomme
0 Kudos