Service publishing - error 001972

07-29-2020 12:26 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to publish a service and get the following error: 

ERROR 001972: Unable to create service: ERROR: code:403, Failed to compute the privilege for the user 'null'. Error creating object to be cached for key='get-user-null', Reason: null, Access to this resource is forbidden, regardless of authorization. ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition). Failed.

We are on ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 and I could previously publish services.
I would appreciate any help! Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Tony_J_Van_Der_Wielen
New Contributor II

We are also having this issue. Were you able to reslove this?

0 Kudos
TrinaNair
New Contributor III

Also having this issue. 

0 Kudos
AndersLendrup
New Contributor

We are also having this issue. Publishing worked fine until a few weeks ago.

0 Kudos
SuryaKant1
New Contributor II

Hello, we are also facing the same issue on ArcGIS Server 10.7. Any update or workaround to solve it?

0 Kudos
SuryaKant1
New Contributor II

@Anonymous User @Tony_J_Van_Der_Wielen @TrinaNair @AndersLendrup 

I had the same issue while I was trying to publish a GP service and this is how I resolved it.

It seems Publisher role is not allowed to publish GP Services after version 10.4. document link: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/windows/publisher-role-support-in-manager.htm

To add the permission for publishers, you need to follow this doc:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.7/administer/windows/change-geoprocessing-service-and-service-extension-publishing-privileges.htm

0 Kudos
Robertson_Katherine
New Contributor II

I am getting this error even though I'm logging in with an administrator role.    We recently upgraded this server to 10.9.1.  Our other servers are 10.7.1 and publishing works as always on all of them.

0 Kudos
Zartico-GIS
New Contributor III

@Robertson_Katherine did you find a solution here? having same issue as administrator

0 Kudos
Robertson_Katherine
New Contributor II

It definitely has something to do with active directory security settings, but I haven't been able to get much troubleshooting help from our IT department.  I have RDP access to a server from which I can publish successfully, but have not yet figured out why.  Gotta love that IT mentality of "tell us exactly how to fix it but don't ask for the access needed to figure out exactly how to fix it".  

0 Kudos
Zartico-GIS
New Contributor III

@Robertson_Katherine  I read somewhere that upgrading to 11.1 should fix this problem in some cases. What version are you on? I'm on 11.

0 Kudos