safely stop bulk publishing layers from a datastore

Jump to solution
12-22-2020 09:42 AM
ChrisJensen
New Contributor III

Does anyone know how to safely stop bulk  publishing the contents of a geodatabase once started?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

The only way I can think of would be to go into Server Manager and manually stop the System/Publishing Tools service. This should cancel the rest of the publishing operations, at which point you can go in and delete the services you don't want anymore. 

As for a built-in method, I don't think one exists. This could be a good enhancement request or Idea though.

-Calvin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

The only way I can think of would be to go into Server Manager and manually stop the System/Publishing Tools service. This should cancel the rest of the publishing operations, at which point you can go in and delete the services you don't want anymore. 

As for a built-in method, I don't think one exists. This could be a good enhancement request or Idea though.

-Calvin

0 Kudos
ChrisJensen
New Contributor III

Thanks Calvin.  I was fortunate to get a chat with tech support during the process.  He is going to request that enhancement you speak of.  We ended up waiting for the layer creation to complete, it didn't because the Portal logs filled up and crashed the process.  However, once the process runs, a "delete published layers" appears so they can all be deleted.  Then we went into portal admin and cleaned the logs.

0 Kudos
ldeng
by
New Contributor

Chris and Calvin,

Thank you both for this posting!  Very helpful.  I was testing the bulk publishing  (by clicking the layers menu in data store properties). I have over 300 layers in the database thus want to stop after 100 feature layers created in 6 minutes (pretty powerful).  There is no such a tool, then I saw Calvin's solution and that saved the day.  ESRI does need to provide a tool to stop/pause the process.  I am on 10.8.1.  Wonder if 10.9 offer it? 

Lang

0 Kudos