Shape Area and Perimeter fields missing on feature services

11-30-2022 08:25 AM
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I hadn't noticed until a user asked the question today, but the system generated area and perimeter fields from our database feature classes are missing from all of our feature services in our Portal, but visible in the map services from the same service MXDs. 

The two fields are turned on in the service MXDs and I assumed they would be there in the map and feature service because they both take their field definitions from the same service document, but this isn't the case.

Anyone know how to get them to appear?  I cant think of a reason or a config that I know of where those fields would be excluded in the feature service.  They're a really useful metric we need access to.

Thanks

Anne

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

do they show up if you publish using ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

We don't have alot of service published from Pro yet as we're still using ArcMap as our primary publishing route, but I found one hosted feature service published via pro and that does have the area and perimeter.  

Do you think once we move over to Pro publishing from the database that this will be resolved?

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

What do you see if you try publishing a Non-Hosted using ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

We don't currently have the ability to publish non hosted from Pro as our database is only accessible to ArcMaps in our managed environment, we should get access for Pro in the next month so hopefully this will resolve the issue.

0 Kudos