Publishing Map Image Layer - Feature class is in Registered Data Store Getting Error 00231

01-19-2022 12:45 PM
zstanley
New Contributor II

Hello-

I have a feature class stored in an SDE database that I would like to publish to Portal. The SDE database it resides in is a registered datastore in Portal.  I have successfully published MIL's and feature layers from this datastore in the past without having to copy data to the server and that is the approach I would like to maintain. When I analyze the layer prior to publishing I get the 00231 error indicating that the layer's data source must be registered with the server. 

I've gone into the Manage Registered Data Stores dialog and re-added the database to the datastore and validated the server. None of these approaches generate any errors. I don't want to delete the datastore as I have several published layers being used in apps that would break if I did this.

Hoping folks here might have some insight about how to deal with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Zac

0 Kudos
5 Replies
zstanley
New Contributor II

I solved this, sort of. When having the initial issue I was trying to publish with ArcGIS Pro in a new project that was unnamed. As an experiment I opened the aprx that I had successfully published from previously and voila - I stopped getting error 00231.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Did the new project contain the SDE connection that was explicitly registered with Portal Data Store or were you using an SDE connection of the same user that was setup locally on your machine that was not actually registered with the Portal Data Store?

0 Kudos
zstanley
New Contributor II

Hi Michael-

This is a good question. It was likely the latter. I'm not seeing a way to access that SDE connection as registered to the data store. Would love some additional explanation if you have it.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you by chance connecting as a different version that what was registered before?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
zstanley
New Contributor II

Hi George-

Definitely not doing this.

0 Kudos