Publish not working after fresh install

Jump to solution
01-15-2024 06:56 AM
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

Hi,

I set up a new arcgis enterprise 11.2 as a single machine installation, so portal, server and datastore are on the same machine.

Installation and licensing went without any problems.

After setting up everything I tryed to publish a simple shapefile with the portal.

The data is uploaded but I immediately get the Error 999999999 "Something went wrong" (yeah thanks), when the portal is trying to setup the hosted feature service.

First thing I did was checking the server log.

I get the error "Invalid url: blocked host.". I also set the log level to debug, but there is no entry which url was maybe "blocked"

Does anybody have a solution for this ot a tip to look at?

thanks, Sebastian

0 Kudos
25 Replies
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

The cert is a cert from our Domain Certificate Authority.
On both web adaptors there is no warning and also not if I open the admin interfaces of the portal or server. (6443, 7443).

PS: I didn't import the root cert. I never did this on other deployments and they worked...

0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

Try importing the root in Server and Portal. Does the cert have a Subject Alternative Name? 

Were you able to switch the Self-signed cert to the Domain cert in Portal and Server?

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/windows/create-a-domain-certificate.htm#ES...

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

I cant use the ssl checker, because the domain is only internal.

But yes, the certificate contains a SAN, otherwise browsers would promt an error.

Yes, I was able to switch from the self singed to the domain cert.

I will try to import the root certificate tomorrow (its 18.00 at my timezone), but I dont see any reason this would fix the problem.

0 Kudos
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

I now also added to root certificate, but still no change.

I don't now what to check for next.

0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

My main theories for a URL being blocked are:

• Blocked Host by your organization’s firewall or security practice
  • Network Restrictions or proxy settings preventing access to the specified host.
  • SSL Certificate Issues
  • DNS resolution

This can be useful for testing and development scenarios where you want to simulate a domain without affecting the actual internet connection. Remember to remove this after testing.

1. Open File Explorer:

Press Win + E on your keyboard or click on the File Explorer icon in the taskbar.

1. Navigate to the System32\drivers\etc directory:

The hosts file is located in the "etc" directory within the "drivers" directory. The full path is usually: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

1. Locate the Hosts File:

Look for a file named "hosts" without a file extension. It is a plain-text file.

1. Copy the Hosts File to Desktop (Optional):

For ease of editing, you may want to copy the hosts file to your desktop. Right-click on the file, select "Copy," go to your desktop, right-click, and choose "Paste."

1. Edit the Hosts File:

Right-click on the hosts file and choose "Open with" and select a text editor like Notepad. You may need to run the text editor as an administrator to make changes.

1. Make Changes (if necessary):

You can add or modify entries in the hosts file to map hostnames to specific IP addresses. Each entry should be in the format: IP_address Hostname

• Add a Loopback Entry for your domain
  • 127.0.0.1       dev-ags.nexiga.lan

Save the Changes:

After making changes, save the hosts file. If you copied it to the desktop, you might need to overwrite the original file in the System32\drivers\etc directory.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, contact your local Esri distributor Support they can provide assistance based on your specific setup and configuration. I would send them the information you have gathered during your testing. 

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos
Alvaro1977
New Contributor II

Is your arcgis server federated with the portal? Can you show me the configuration?

0 Kudos
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

As you can see in the screenshot, the server is federated with the portal.

0 Kudos
Alvaro1977
New Contributor II
How many webadaptors do you have installed?
0 Kudos
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

One for the arcgis server under [domain]/server.

And one for the portal on [domain]/portal.

0 Kudos
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi.  Just wondering if the machine name where your Enterprise is installed happens to be mapped to the localhost IP address (127.0.0.1).  There was a security enhancement added recently that limits some communication directly to localhost and I'm wondering if that may be involved here.