ArcGIS Portal: Feature Service does not display Shape.Length in Pop-Up

Jump to solution
03-29-2022 03:47 PM
CVWDGIS
New Contributor II

I have created multiple services with Shape.Length() configured to visible, read only, and set as a pop-up field with the alias "Length". It works perfectly in my Map Services, displaying the length as expected in attribute table and pop-up. But for my Feature Service, published from the same process... The field does display in the pop-up, but no value is displayed. Additionally, I cannot view the Shape.Length() field without turning it on, AGAIN, in the service attribute table after being published as visible.

Even weirder, the feature service attribute field does appear without me having to toggle it on, when consumed by our Asset Management software. 

Ultimately, Is there a way to make the pop up and attribute table for my Feature Services match what I have set up on the identical Map Service. 

Thank you in advance,

Rick Villarreal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickVillarreal
New Contributor III

I have found that you can use these fields as I am wanting to. You must reconfigure the fields and popups in the published service. The feature service will not respect the settings from the APRX when using Shape.Area and/or Shape.Length. This makes no sense, because it will work for a Map Image published from the same process, and it can be done in Portal. So it is annoying and redundant, configuring settings that you have already configured, but if you want to utilize these fields in your Portal's Feature Services...  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RickVillarreal
New Contributor III

I have found that you can use these fields as I am wanting to. You must reconfigure the fields and popups in the published service. The feature service will not respect the settings from the APRX when using Shape.Area and/or Shape.Length. This makes no sense, because it will work for a Map Image published from the same process, and it can be done in Portal. So it is annoying and redundant, configuring settings that you have already configured, but if you want to utilize these fields in your Portal's Feature Services...  

GISAdministrator4
New Contributor

Hello, Where are you changing it so that the change persists in all applications consuming the service?

I can configure in the Map Viewer Classic, however that doesnt seem to be propagating to Cityworks or other apps consuming the service. 

Also, can ESRI comment on whether Portal ignoring ArcGIS Pro's field visibility settings is a bug or a feature?

RickVillarreal
New Contributor III

It's been awhile, but I think it wont stick unless you configure and then Save Layer from the Map Viewer. This should overwrite the service and make the field available.

After configuring the layer, (Turn the field on) click on the ellipses (...) and select Save Layer. This should do the trick, but keep in mind that this may need to be done again if you overwrite the service.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos