WFS request Runtime '500' Error

06-07-2012 06:19 PM
Labels (1)
TrentPell
New Contributor
Hello,

I am having an issue with a WFS getfeature request. 

The WFS has a few features included, two of which I am not able to get a response when I make a request.  The two that I am having the issue with are parcels and streets.  These are probably the largest datasets in the WFS.  I have attempted limiting the number of features by maxfeatures and a bbox with no success.  I am not experiencing any issues with the other layers in the WFS.

The error that I am receiving is a generic Runtime Error or '500' error. 

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?  The organization hosting the WFS is utilizing ArcGIS Server 10 .net. 

I know this is pretty vague but I am just looking for a direction to help with troubleshooting the issue.  Thanks for any replies!

Trent
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Trent

A 500 error is server-side and the ArcGIS Server people at the hosting site will have to check their logs for the problem.

regards
0 Kudos
YingqiTang
New Contributor
Hi,

How big the parcel and street data is? As suggested by Bruce, you should probably start by looking at the server log file. Another way to test if it is caused by the size of the data is to extract a small sample of the big data to test with.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Hello,

I am having an issue with a WFS getfeature request. 

The WFS has a few features included, two of which I am not able to get a response when I make a request.  The two that I am having the issue with are parcels and streets.  These are probably the largest datasets in the WFS.  I have attempted limiting the number of features by maxfeatures and a bbox with no success.  I am not experiencing any issues with the other layers in the WFS.

The error that I am receiving is a generic Runtime Error or '500' error. 

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?  The organization hosting the WFS is utilizing ArcGIS Server 10 .net. 

I know this is pretty vague but I am just looking for a direction to help with troubleshooting the issue.  Thanks for any replies!

Trent
0 Kudos