IFC Interoperability

Jump to solution
10-31-2019 09:07 AM
RicardoLópez
New Contributor

Hi

I am trying to find the best way to import an IFC file (no Revit) into ArcGIS Desktop.

I have just tried using the QuickImport tool, but it has failed and it is not opening even my licensing looks fine...

Any idea?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ricardo, you should be able to use Quick Import, please check you have installed Data Interoperability extension, it is a separate install to core desktop software (Pro or ArcMap).   I have also sent a link to our CAD team for extra followup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

Hi Ricardo - This space is for questions about My Esri. You might get a better response if you post your question in the  Open Platform, Standards and Interoperability‌ space, or one of the Desktop spaces / communities.

Teresa Dolan
Business Analyst | My Esri
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ricardo, you should be able to use Quick Import, please check you have installed Data Interoperability extension, it is a separate install to core desktop software (Pro or ArcMap).   I have also sent a link to our CAD team for extra followup.

RicardoLópez
New Contributor

Thank you Bruce I got it.

I had the license but it was not installed. ESRI support guys sent the setup files to me and it ran.

Regards!

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hi Ricardo, 

This is the general workflow using Data Interoperability (Do not use the Quick Import) 

1. Add the IFC reader.

2. Connect the transformer (GeometryPropertyExtractor) 

Property to extract should be set top Traits 

3. Expose attributes that you need -- Optional

4. Connect the transformer (Deaggregator) 

5. Connect the transformer (GeometryFilter)

Geometry Filter Type set to Solids, Surface and Collection

6. Connect to the writer (File GDB ) geoemtry multiptach

Hope this will help. 

David