Geocode service - Address Output it Empty Despite Score of 100

05-31-2019 07:43 AM
Labels (1)
GraceJansen
New Contributor

I've recently had to rebuild and republish a composite locator inArcGIS for Desktop 10.5 as a geocoding service to server 10.3.  I've ranked the first match from US Single House Addresses with address point data and second match from US Addresses - Dual Range with road centerlines. Both locators perform as expected in ArcMap and return matches as expected through the service. The issue I am having is, when a road name is searched with no address number with the geocode service, it is successfully matched, but the Match_Addr and output Address fields are empty. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere? 

Successful match for address with address number against single house locator with Address matched listed:

Successful match for intersection with dual range locator with intersection matched listed as Address:

Successful match for road name (without address number) with dual range locator, but the Address matched output is empty:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Grace:

Does this behavior only occur when the composite is published to ArcGIS Server 10.3? Does this behavior occur when the composite locator that contains the locators created in ArcMap 10.5 are published to Server 10.5?

0 Kudos
GraceJansen
New Contributor

The locator was built in ArcMap 10.5 and published to ArcGIS Server 10.3, and we don't have Server 10.5 installed yet. Is this a compatibility problem between building in 10.5 and publishing to 10.3? 

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

I tried to reproduce you behavior when published to 10.5 and 10.3.1, but was not able to. Perhaps it was the way my locators were created. I see that you only have Street and Single Line Input as options for all three services. Were the Dual Range and Single House locators created without city, state, zip mapped?

0 Kudos
GraceJansen
New Contributor

Yes, City/State/Zip were not matched. We were mimicking the formatting of an original geocoder that was published prior to some schema changes. I built new geocoders in 10.3.1, and the issue was resolved when they were published out to Server. Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos