Suggestions for downloading ArcMap 10.2

03-17-2016 02:41 PM
MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Hello to all:

I need to download ArcMap 10.2. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to do this or where to go to get a clear step by step process for doing this?  I have a code from my professor for downloading a student licence.

Thanks,

Mel

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Melvin,

If the code will work with 10.4, then you can get a "trial" version from Esri's site, here:

ArcGIS for Desktop | Free Trial

Otherwise, your professor should have an install DVD that has ArcGIS 10.2 on it (or at least I would hope).

0 Kudos
MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Thanks Adrian for the information. I will look into this.

Best

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Your professor is the point of contact for software, or you library perhaps.  The education version distributed through an educational institute is maintained and supported by them.  So as a minimum, find out the contact person there through your professor they are not the one.

And as indicated, you should check to see why they aren't using at least 10.3.1.  It is highly unlikely that 10.4 is being distributed quite yet, but I wouldn't install any version higher than the one your institution supports or has installed since you will run into a whole load of other issues.

0 Kudos
MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan for your suggestions. I do appreciate them. 

Best

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

0 Kudos