Remove border around images - Export to PDF

07-08-2019 02:14 PM
AndrewBarney
New Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 2.3.0 there is a faint "border" around images (in the PDF export) for images I've placed in their own data frame in layout view (see below). I wish for these images to not have borders and blend into the white background as it appears within ArcGIS Pro. These images have white or transparent backgrounds and I have ensured that the image/dataframe has no borders, drop shadows, etc. I have recently switched to ArcGIS Pro from ArcMap 10.5.1, where I never had this issue using the same images in layout view.  

Embedded image shows a faint "border" on PDF Export.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew can you send us your logo file (I assume it is an EMF?) via Esri Support?  We'd like to take a look.

0 Kudos
AnthonyWhaley
New Contributor II

I also have this question...any suggestions? See image below.

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Same issue here.  Did you ever get a resolution?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever get a resolution? I'm experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
JenD
by
New Contributor II

I have the same issue in v 2.8.6 - I tried with both png and jpg (again, checking for any borders, dropshadows), and like the original questioner, my logo has a white background.  Both produce the shaky white outline.  

I've got around it by using GIMP to change white to alpha, but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has a workaround, particularly as the original questioner mentioned transparent backgrounds were still producing the white outline.

0 Kudos
StefanD
New Contributor

Had the same problem. Seems it is a known problem. Here are some workarounds: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000022758

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos