Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I combine Data to have it as the spreadsheet attached

Jump to solution
02-23-2016 03:50 PM
CaroleWacta
Deactivated User

Hello, I am doing some spatial analysis to locate the best site for a project. Following the spatial Analyst tutorial (but using my own data)...

I need to get my zoning layer look like the spreadsheet by combining all similar number into a single row as the spreadsheet..

Can anyone help me please.

I am unsure how to tackle that and keep the integrity of the data... In the end, I will have 01 to 09.

Thank you in advance.

Carole

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, if you dissolve on the Code field that should give you what you want. Give it a try...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

This sounds like a job for Dissolve (or Summary Statistics if you're only interested in the attributes, not geometry).

0 Kudos
CaroleWacta
Deactivated User

sorry, I am interested in Both the geometries and attributes...

thank you for the reply

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Then, dissolve.

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

I think you want to use the Dissolve (Data Management) tool and specify a Dissolve Field. This will combine all features that have the same value in the specified field into a single feature. I don't know which field you need to dissolve on--maybe the Zone field?--but you probably know. Note that the output features will be multipart. If you want, you can change that by unchecking the Create multipart features box at the bottom of the Dissolve tool dialog box. Then you'll have more features but each feature will be an undivided piece.

CaroleWacta
Deactivated User

Tim,

Thank you that sounds good...I want to Dissolve on the CODE field so that all 01 are together and so on..

So should I use the above steps...

I think I will like to keep the data as multipart... Just want them in the same row.

Thank you.

C

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, if you dissolve on the Code field that should give you what you want. Give it a try...

CaroleWacta
Deactivated User

thank you...

It worked...

Thank you....

C

0 Kudos