Sentinel 2 imagery accessing older images

05-31-2018 08:46 PM
LisaRedmond1
New Contributor II

I am experimenting looking at the sentinel 2 imagery freely available in Esri Living Atlas and ultimately would like to use it as a tool for quick change detection in vegetation. I can open the imagery in ArcMap and have also played around with it in Sentinel Explorer app online. What I am not sure of however is how to access earlier imagery which according to the supporting text is available. I also can't seem to see any other image in the Sentinel explorer app either, even though in the dropdown list it appears I should be able to select an earlier image (12 months ago). But I can't seem to get it to display. So currently all I can see is an image from a few days ago. Thanks for help with this - I am not highly experienced in using ArcGIS online to access data so it could be I am missing something obvious with this, but I am also failing at using the explorer app currently, so possibly there is only 1 image date available at the moment??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

To see older images in the Sentinel Explorer App, you have to log in with your AGOL Organizational account credentials. Not sure about accessing that content through Arcmap, though.

0 Kudos
MathieuOuellette1
New Contributor II

Hi, in ArcMap, you just need to right-click and access the layer properties, then go the the Mosaic tab, choose "AcquisitionDate" and enter the date.