UN52SC Side Event: Modernization of Statistical Systems with GIS

02-23-2021 02:59 PM
KelleyArroyo
Esri Regular Contributor

52nd session of the United Nations Statistical Commission

Side Event: Modernization of Statistical Systems with GIS

This session shares country examples of modernization using GIS.

Presentation Deck

About this Event:

The importance of GIS and geospatial data is well known, accepted and being integrated in many ways within the statistical community. This session will explore some of the key issues on the integration of statistical and geospatial including importance of frameworks such as IGIF and GSGF, use of standards such as SDMX and discussion on dissemination of data. GIS is more than a tool, it enables information and operations management, supports analysis, enables informed policy decisions, and more.

Guest Speakers:

• HE Mohammad Hassan - United Arab Emirates, The Federal Competitiveness and Statistics Centre
  • Martin Brady - Australian Bureau of Statistics
  • Sandra Liliana Moreno Mayorga - Colombia Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadística

This session supports overall agenda items 3i.) Management and modernization of statistical systems as well as 4j.) Integration of statistical and geospatial information

Please note – an overview was given on new SDMX Data Explorer for ArcGIS Pro.   If you are interested in working with an alpha version of the SDMX Data Explorer for ArcGIS Pro and would be willing to provide feedback as a result of your testing, please contact apfister@esri.com

Additional Resources: 

SDMX Related Information  

The Global Statistical Geospatial Framework 

The UN Global SDG data base 

United Nations Statistics Division SDG API

Global SDG Data Hub 

1 Reply
by
New Contributor

Thanks for posting!   I am definitely interested in working with an alpha version of the SDMX Data Explorer for ArcGIS Pro and would be willing to provide feedback about my testing, 

0 Kudos