Where to submit MyEsri issues?

Jump to solution
06-04-2020 09:52 AM
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

How do we report issues and possible defects found using MyEsri? 

When I contacted support  I was routed to Customer Service. Customer Service them routed me back to Technical Support, then Technical support acknowledged my issue but said they could not log any defects against MyEsri.

I'd like to spare someone else a headache if I could and get the issue resolved if possible, it was pretty funky not to mention frustrating.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

The answer to the posted question (not the funky behavior I was reporting that led to the question)  is that this is the place to post defects, anomalies or enhancement requests. 

Technical support can help navigate MyEsri and point to the documentation but when it comes to missing functionality or quirks in usage they do not have the same ability to log bugs or enhancements as they do with other products and services. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Somewhat contrary to what it says below

If you belong to an organization, then someone there is designated as the person to log issues.  You will have to track them down.  Your org can add you to the list of people eligible to log issues if you want.  

Frequently asked questions—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

How do I submit enhancement ideas or report bugs?

Submit ideas for enhancements to ArcGIS Pro through ArcGIS Ideas. To report a software bug, contact Esri Technical Support and request a case. To report a problem with an ArcGIS Pro help topic, click the Feedback on this topic? link at the bottom of the topic's web page.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan. I am the primary maintenance contact for our org and I haven't a clue where to submit them. For applications and such, yes, Not for MyEsri.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Bill ...‌ it would be

Request case - Esri Accounts 

Go to Support and Services as in the attached link below

... sort of retired...
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you Dan for trying to assist here

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No problem Josh... useless as it was

... sort of retired...
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan for attempting to help. All good/

0 Kudos
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bill,

I am sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience both with contacting us and within My Esri. My name is Josh and I am the My Esri product owner here at Esri. If it is ok, I would like to get more information on the issues you are experiencing. 

Josh

BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Josh,

I was generating licenses and ran into issues. Even though it appeared I had plenty of licenses available, when I tried to provision them, and I would receive an error that due to "recent changes"  these licenses were unavailable (?). 

Spent a good bit of time on this, long story short wanted to log a defect. Technical support couldn't create a bug on the issue since it was with MyEsri and redirected me back to customer service. 

I don't think CS will log a bug since they sent me to technical support in the first place. And here I am. I can PM you or someone a video of the issue if you want.

0 Kudos
ManuelBallesteros
New Contributor III

HI Bill – I jumped in to look at this case yesterday and think we may have solved the issue. The issue was you having multiple registration numbers for the same product and timeout date. For concurrent use you need to have 1 number with all the registrations per timeout date. We provided the two numbers late yesterday to Support and I have provided them below as well. Hopefully this solves your registration issue.