Where can I download st_shapelib?

Jump to solution
10-12-2020 06:08 AM
Stefan_Offermann
New Contributor III

I want to download ST_SHAPELIB for Oracle 19c but I can't find it in the Downloads section of My Esri. Where can I download the file? 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

When you are in the Downloads section within My Esri, select ArcGIS Pro, then navigate down to "ArcGIS Pro Database Support" and download that file.

It contains all the st_shapelib files required. There is only one file for all supported Oracle versions. Make sure to install the version of the file that matches the version of your Enterprise Geodatabase

--- George T.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
George_Thompson

When you are in the Downloads section within My Esri, select ArcGIS Pro, then navigate down to "ArcGIS Pro Database Support" and download that file.

It contains all the st_shapelib files required. There is only one file for all supported Oracle versions. Make sure to install the version of the file that matches the version of your Enterprise Geodatabase

--- George T.
Stefan_Offermann
New Contributor III

Thanks, does this mean the files are only to installed with the use of ArcGIS Pro? It is a bit irritating as the shapelib is meant to be installed on the database server.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

They should work with ArcMap based Enterprise geodatabases. You are correct that the file must be accessible on the RDBMS server machine as this is where the st_functions are executed. This is why the ArcGIS client is not as important for st_functions.

Here is a screenshot of the Pro download and the location within ArcMap (they should be the same file)

Again the important piece is to make sure that file matches the version of the geodatabase!!!!

--- George T.
Stefan_Offermann
New Contributor III

Regarding the version of the geodatabase: In my case, we update only the Oracle Database version from 12c to 19c. The ArcGIS version is still 10.6.1 and it is not changed (in the moment). This means that the st_shapelib does not have to be updated with the newer one. Correct?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I would recommend making sure that you have the following patch installed on all your ArcMap / ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 clients; ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine, Server) Support for Oracle 19c Patch . Then copy the st_shapelib from that client install location to the Oracle machine. I am not sure if there is a difference within the st_shapelib between the base and patched 10.6.1. That would be a question for Esri technical support.

If your Oracle instance is running on Windows please make sure to review the following documentation:  https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/10.6/database-requirements-oracle.htm 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Stefan_Offermann
New Contributor III

The patch is already installed and the file on the client has not changed with the patch.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Then you should be ok.

--- George T.
0 Kudos