Number of licenses exceeded in a Personal Use License

Jump to solution
04-27-2020 02:40 PM
Labels (1)
DonaldSmith
New Contributor II

I have an ArcGIS Personal User License. As part of that license, I downloaded ArcPro. I used ArcPro in the Spatial Data Analysis MOOC. Now, when I try to log into ArcPro, I cannot.  I get this error message: "The number of licenses assigned to users exceeds the number of licenses available in your organization."  Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Usually, the error occurs the user belongs to an AGOL organization where the number of licenses assigned exceeds the number of licenses available.  Refer to the following KB article for additional detail:

Error: The number of licenses assigned exceeded the number available. Either deselect some licenses ... 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Please be sure that ArcGIS Pro is configured correctly for your Personal Use named user license. You need to confirm:

-the correct license type (named user) is selected

-the correct licensing portal (I'm not sure those are for a Personal Use license - you will need to find this information) is set

Once you set these correctly, sign out of ArcGIS Pro, then sign in again to have the new setting take effect.

Adena

configure license ArcGIS Pro dialog box

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Usually, the error occurs the user belongs to an AGOL organization where the number of licenses assigned exceeds the number of licenses available.  Refer to the following KB article for additional detail:

Error: The number of licenses assigned exceeded the number available. Either deselect some licenses ... 

0 Kudos
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Please be sure that ArcGIS Pro is configured correctly for your Personal Use named user license. You need to confirm:

-the correct license type (named user) is selected

-the correct licensing portal (I'm not sure those are for a Personal Use license - you will need to find this information) is set

Once you set these correctly, sign out of ArcGIS Pro, then sign in again to have the new setting take effect.

Adena

configure license ArcGIS Pro dialog box

0 Kudos
DonaldSmith
New Contributor II

Adena, this problem got worked out---thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
dengchengxie
New Contributor

I have the smae iuuse.how to fix it?

0 Kudos