My Esri Licensing - Cancel License button missing

07-22-2019 09:32 AM
JanSlaats
New Contributor III

As an administrator in our My Esri system, I need to cancel several old ArcGIS Desktop license files in My Esri, but there are no "Cancel License File" buttons to do this when I look up these license files. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TomLutz
Esri Contributor

This generally happens when all the licenses on a file are expired term licenses. Does this file have non-term licenses on it?

JanSlaats
New Contributor III

Tom, thanks for that suggestion. There are 4 licenses, of which 3 don't have an Expiration Date listed at all. They were created in 2014, 2014 and 2018. The fourth license does have an Expiration Date showing in 2020. I can see how an expired term license cannot be cancelled, because it's already 'dead'. But for for that fourth license, can it not be canceled prior to the expiration date? The end-user no longer needs it. Thanks for your insight.

0 Kudos
TomLutz
Esri Contributor

You should be able to cancel that file. Do you have the customer number and file numbers that aren't working properly here? I'll investigate what is happening with these. 

0 Kudos
JanSlaats
New Contributor III

Tom, thanks for your offer to investigate. Can I email you our customer number and the File IDs of the licenses in question directly, rather than in this public forum?

Thanks! jslaats-at-tnc-dot-org

0 Kudos
TomLutz
Esri Contributor

Hi Jan, yes, you can send that to me via email. tlutz@esri.com

0 Kudos