JSON License File Generation for ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0

Jump to solution
08-04-2022 08:59 AM
Labels (1)
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I was trying to generate JSON License file from My ESRI for ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0. I couldn't see any other user types licenses to include like (Mobile Workers, EDitor). I can see in 10.9.1. Do i need to cancel existing licensing file to include it on 11.0? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarterAmari
New Contributor
  1. Sign in to My Esri.
  2. Click Licensing > Start Licensing.
  3. Select ArcGIS Enterprise.
  4. For Product, select ArcGIS Enterprise; for Version, select the desired ArcGIS Enterprise version; and from the License type list, select Portal for ArcGIS.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you view your existing license files, you should be able to edit your existing license file, which will cancel the existing file and reissue a new one at the version / user counts that you choose. Doing this gives you access to all user types included on the file you edit.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I tried that too. however, it is not showing user types when we changed to 11.0

0 Kudos
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Vijay,

Apologies for the late response. Are you still not seeing the Enteprise 11.0 user type entitlements? I know when Enteprise 11.0 release was announced there was a latency of weeks where some users were not seeting there entitlements in My Esri. You should be seeting them now and we are working internally to not have this happen for future releases.

Josh

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @JoshBeaton , is this fixed? I removed my parcel fabric licenses from 10.9.1, but they're not available for adding into a new 11.0 file.

0 Kudos
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chelsea, Thanks for your question. The initial post was around new 11.1 codes being available in My Esri. I believe what you are referring to is the scenario when editing an existing Enterprise portal file, removing entitlements, and then issuing out a new file and wanting to add the quantities that were removed. For this there has been latency issues on the counts being added back. May I ask how long the update has been? With integrations, it may take up to 50 minutes for those counts to become available. We are working to improving the integration to make this near real time. 

Josh

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply! It's only been about a half hour, so I'll wait some more.

Update: it never appeared, so I have a support ticket in that's still open

0 Kudos
KarterAmari
New Contributor
  1. Sign in to My Esri.
  2. Click Licensing > Start Licensing.
  3. Select ArcGIS Enterprise.
  4. For Product, select ArcGIS Enterprise; for Version, select the desired ArcGIS Enterprise version; and from the License type list, select Portal for ArcGIS.