Can I invite a user into My Organisation to use a Personal Use License I have?

Jump to solution
05-14-2019 01:32 AM
GergelySzalay2
New Contributor III

Some time ago I purchased a Personal Use license in order to get acquainted with ArcGIS Pro, since at my workplace I am tied to use ArcGIS Desktop. I found that ArcGIS Pro is really worth to deal with and I hope that sooner or later at my workplace we well get Pro licenses, as well. My brother who is working at the water management public administration is in the same situation, tied using ArcGIS Desktop at his workplace. Since he is a big ArcGIS fan, my idea was to purchase and give him - as birthday present - an another personal use license for one year in order to let him "play" with ArcGIS Pro. But there are two questions arising:

1. Is it possible for me to purchase a second license for personal use under my Account and within my ESRI organisation?

2. Can I invite an another user into my ESRI organisation and grant permission for him to use this license exclusively?

I would appreciate an authentic answer! Thanks in advance!

Gergely

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LauraWhite
Esri Contributor

Hi Gergely, Yes, you can purchase another license under your name, but you would need to be using the license. If the license is needed for another individual, it would need to be purchased by that individual under their name. The individual would then have access to My Esri under their name to manage the license. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

Are you asking about your Personal Use ArcGIS Online organization? If so, you might pose your question in the ArcGIS Online community.

If you are referring to your Personal Use organization in My Esri, then no, you may not invite others to join that organization. That organization is for your exclusive use only.

Teresa Dolan
Business Analyst | My Esri
0 Kudos
LauraWhite
Esri Contributor

Hi Gergely, Yes, you can purchase another license under your name, but you would need to be using the license. If the license is needed for another individual, it would need to be purchased by that individual under their name. The individual would then have access to My Esri under their name to manage the license.