Select to view content in your preferred language

Authorize License for Desktop Advanced 10.4.1

Jump to solution
04-28-2024 01:26 PM
JeffreyNunneley
New Contributor II

I purchased  a renewed license for ArcGIS Personal Use (GIS Professional Advanced Online) Annual Subscription.

I am not able to authorize the new license through Arc GIS Administrator.

Does anyone have a step-by-step description of the authorization/activation process for me to follow?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyNunneley
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
11 Replies
WilliamJones9
New Contributor

Had exact same problem.  I reached out to tech support (via phone) and they provided me an authorization link to convert my ArcGIS online account from public to organizational.  Apparently ESRI should have sent me an email with this link when I purchased my Personal Use license, but I did not receive it.  I have heard of others in the same situation, so it must be a glitch in ESRIs purchase system when an individual is buying a personal use license.

0 Kudos
JeffreyNunneley
New Contributor II
Thank you
0 Kudos
kirbyman1
New Contributor

I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos
JeffreyNunneley
New Contributor II

The way ESRI has changed the way products are licensed, I had to convert my ArcGIS online account from public to organizational - using customer support. Then I downloaded the updated software and got things running again. If you are still "public", then this solution may work for you.

0 Kudos
kirbyman1
New Contributor

I have had an organization paid account for 1 year(but it's just me using the account), I was using it for ArcMap and ArcGlobe, then on the renewal after 1 year(last night was the lockout for the forced death of ArcMap) I knew I was going to get ArcMap locked out and I thought I would now be able to use ArcGIS Pro but that is not the case, I can't use either program now, and I can't download a license for ArcGIS Pro.

I preemptively installed ArcGIS Pro months ago in anticipation of this event, thinking today it would unlock for use when they gave me a license for it.

Because the authorized caller addition process always gets stuck on submitting, I cannot use the customer support or the tech support, and I just tried the phone support and that requires the call-in ID which I can only get if adding myself as an authorized caller actually worked.

The customer support(not the tech support) has a form to type in your question and submit it, but that submission process didn't work either for the same reason.

0 Kudos
JeffreyNunneley
New Contributor II

That is basically what happened to me. I was using ArcGIS Desktop which is now "decommissioned". I tried several times to get a license online with no success. Once I called Customer Support, they were able to look at my credentials and did something on their side to get my license of ArcGIS Pro active. I had also downloaded Pro a month in advance anticipating that I might need to upgrade.

kirbyman1
New Contributor

I got Add Authorized Caller to work finally, using Samsung Internet on my phone, now I can open a support ticket and get this fixed

0 Kudos
kirbyman1
New Contributor

wow it still says I am not authorized even though I am now, this is a cruel joke

at least I will be able to use the phone support tomorrow now

0 Kudos
kirbyman1
New Contributor

it works in Edge though, (wasn't working in Firefox)

so I should be good now, let's see

0 Kudos