ArcGIS pro authorization

Jump to solution
03-11-2021 11:12 AM
jasonxue3
New Contributor

I already have ArcGIS 10.6 on my desktop, and authorized with Advanced License by .prvc authorization file. I installed ArcGIS Pro 2.7,I found that ArcGIS pro is authorized with Standard License once I installed. I tried to authorize it with the same .prvc file with Advanced License. The authorization failed due to the error: All requests features have already been authorized on this machine. What should I do to authorize ArcGIS Pro with single Advanced license because it includes some authorizations for extensions? Remove authorization from ArcGIS 10.6 first or something else? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The keycodes of ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) and ArcGIS Pro are different. Please connect with your local Esri representative to obtain the appropriate keycodes for ArcGIS Pro. Once you receive new keycodes, remember to deauthorize the current keycodes (Standard version) first.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The keycodes of ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) and ArcGIS Pro are different. Please connect with your local Esri representative to obtain the appropriate keycodes for ArcGIS Pro. Once you receive new keycodes, remember to deauthorize the current keycodes (Standard version) first.

Think Location
0 Kudos
jasonxue3
New Contributor

I really appreciate your help. For my understanding, ArcGIS pro is included as one part of ArcGIS Desktop. So I should be free to use it under the same single Advanced License, right? Just would like to confirm if ArcGIS pro authorization causes any extra money? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should receive the same license level of ArcGIS Pro complementary. No additional cost.

The license level applies to the ArcGIS Desktop product as a whole. For example, if you have an ArcGIS Desktop Advanced license, this means that all the component applications (ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcScene, and ArcGlobe) run at the Advanced level.

ArcGIS Desktop license levels 

Think Location
jasonxue3
New Contributor

thank you very much.

0 Kudos