Finish creating a line or polygone feature on mobile devices

01-25-2023 07:30 AM
IrinaVortkamp
New Contributor II

To create a line or polygone feature, the user needs to click to the map to set a point. By double-clicking, the geometry can be accomplished to open the attribute widget. This behaviour is not appropriate for mobile devices since the double-click is not easy to accomplish both with fingers and pencils. 

I suggest to place a button on the map or implement a different mechanism that can be easily used on mobile devices.

The same holds for removing a point on the line by right-click. This is not appropriate for mobile use.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Bud
by

@TeresaDolan Out of curiosity, why was this idea moved to the ArcGIS Ideas Blog?

TeresaDolan

@Bud 

It was in the My Esri ideas blog, and it's not an Idea for My Esri. If there is a better home for it, please advise.

Bud
by

@IrinaVortkamp What product does this idea pertain to? ArcGIS web app builder? Or something else?

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like this idea should be moved to product-specific ideas page.

Maybe @JesseCloutier can help.

JesseCloutier

Thanks for tagging me, @Bud. I'm getting this on @DaraBurlo's radar as our Community Manager focused on ArcGIS Ideas. 

IrinaVortkamp

Thank you for the answers. @Bud, it does not pertain a specific product. We are using the Editor of the ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript.