Understanding Certain Users in My Esri's Permissions Log

11-01-2021 12:06 PM
Labels (2)
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor
2 0 976

Who are the “users” listed in My Esri’s Permissions Log who aren’t really users? For those connected to My Esri with the Administrator permission, you may have seen these and wanted more information.

The Permission Log aims to include all actions that add or remove users from a My Esri organization. As a general rule, those listed in the “By” column of the Permissions Log are “real” users – this column is typically populated with usernames of those who took the Action listed. But what if the action took place outside of My Esri?

When permission-related actions take place outside of My Esri, My Esri doesn’t have a way to know who took the action – we only know the source system.

This topic explains the sources of the non-username “users” that may appear in your organization’s Permissions Log.

TeresaDolan_1-1635793361344.png

Customer Care

This “user” is the name we use when someone in Technical Support makes a contact an authorized caller in the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system. If the contact is not already connected to My Esri, the contact is emailed an invitation to connect.

Customer Care – CSR

This “user” is the name we use when someone in Customer Service creates a Customer Service case in the CRM and associates it with a contact. If the contact is not already connected to My Esri, they are emailed an invitation to connect.

Customer Care - Partner Operations

This “user” is the name we use when someone on our Partner team connects a contact to a Partner organization in the CRM.

Esri Store

This “user” is our eCommerce solution. It’s the name we use when someone purchases something on the Esri Store that causes them to be connected to an organization, or when their existing connection’s permissions are modified.

My Esri Service

This “user” is associated with any background processes used by My Esri, such as the one that deletes pending invitations after 6 weeks.

Tags (2)
About the Author
I am a Business Analyst on the My Esri team. I've worked on My Esri since its inception. I've worked at Environmental Systems Research Institute (or ESRI or Esri) since 1984.