Table to Table Missing Field Map Functionality

Jump to solution
11-09-2020 12:35 PM
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Table to Table tool in Modebuilder Missing the Field Map functionality ArcPro 2.6.0.  Below is an example on the left is the dialog box from a copy and paste of the process out of another model, on the right is the dialog from the tool being brought into the model fresh. the old version does not appear to see the new source, the new version sees nothing! Bringing the tool from other models is not a good practice as a way to get the tool to work. 

Please let me know what has changed, unfortunately a much larger long term model is running in another instance so a Hail Mary update of ArcPro is not possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Note this is a know bug - from ESRI customer care - 

Please know that the issue you encounter is a known bug. I have attached this case to the bug and the details are as follows:

1. Bug number: BUG-000133900
  2. Synopsis: The Field Map missing from Table to Table in ModelBuilder.

You should be able to check on the status of the bug in the My Esri page:

My Esri > My Organization > Support > Search for the BUG-#BUG-000133900.

Unfortunately, we do not have a workaround for the bug at this moment and the bug will be fixed in our upcoming releases (version 2.7). Until a new release is announced, I would suggest a downgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.5 to restore the field mapping functionality. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

2.6.2 has partial functionality, fields can be removed from output but source mapping is still not functional until after the element has been run once. 

This was used for the below work around.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

In this particular case I was able to work around the issue with the following process, though it is awkward.

1. On a separate machine with a version of ArcPro that allowed the field map to appear we brought in a subset of the data that the server model was to process so that the field map could be set.
  2. That model was saved to a toolbox. 
  3. Toolbox was copied to the server using 2.6.0
  4. Model was opened and the actual data source connected to the model and the output location was shared
  5. The field map settings have persisted

If you happen to find this I hope it is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlixBakke_SNC
Occasional Contributor

Note this is a know bug - from ESRI customer care - 

Please know that the issue you encounter is a known bug. I have attached this case to the bug and the details are as follows:

1. Bug number: BUG-000133900
  2. Synopsis: The Field Map missing from Table to Table in ModelBuilder.

You should be able to check on the status of the bug in the My Esri page:

My Esri > My Organization > Support > Search for the BUG-#BUG-000133900.

Unfortunately, we do not have a workaround for the bug at this moment and the bug will be fixed in our upcoming releases (version 2.7). Until a new release is announced, I would suggest a downgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.5 to restore the field mapping functionality. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

2.6.2 has partial functionality, fields can be removed from output but source mapping is still not functional until after the element has been run once. 

This was used for the below work around.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

In this particular case I was able to work around the issue with the following process, though it is awkward.

1. On a separate machine with a version of ArcPro that allowed the field map to appear we brought in a subset of the data that the server model was to process so that the field map could be set.
  2. That model was saved to a toolbox. 
  3. Toolbox was copied to the server using 2.6.0
  4. Model was opened and the actual data source connected to the model and the output location was shared
  5. The field map settings have persisted

If you happen to find this I hope it is helpful.

0 Kudos