Output not connecting as input in GIS model builder

Jump to solution
12-02-2017 01:52 AM
AkhilChhibber1
New Contributor II

GIS Modelbuilder

As seen in the image, I am trying to connect "Output Dataset" i.a result of merge of 2 shapefiles as input in the CLIP tool. 

As you can see in the image(in the red highlighted area), input option is not coming when I am trying to connect "Output Dataset" with CLIP.

What should I do?????????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Just you need to add Select Data ( model builder tool) after the output of Merge tool.

see the following picture:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you haven't specified any parameters yet, check some of the visuals in the tutorial

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/analyze/modelbuilder/creating-tool-with-modelbuilder-tuto...

Madanbhurati1
New Contributor III

You have to make feature layer  of output dataset, You can use "make feature layer" GP Tool from data management tools. than connect that feature layer dataset to a clipping feature class.

AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Just you need to add Select Data ( model builder tool) after the output of Merge tool.

see the following picture:

AkhilChhibber1
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot it worked for me

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have used Select Data before to unpack feature classes out of a feature dataset. Here you have used this tool to tag a model element of unspecified datatype (Merge is not able to do this because it can take many types of inputs) to the data type of the model element on disk. I have done this "tagging" before with Calculate Value but this is niftier. Nice trick!!