Modelbuilder Diamond Hierarchy - Is there a way to run the first model only once?

02-11-2018 02:02 PM
GrantZimmerman1
New Contributor II

My apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but I've been searching everywhere and can't seem to figure this out. I have a decently complex model with a number of sub models. If a typical model with sub models is like a tree with many models culminating in one, mine is more like a diamond, where one sub model produces output that feeds into multiple sub models which then all feed into one final model. The issue that I'm having is that either I have to call the first sub model multiple times (and thus it has to run multiple times) or I have to call the data that it creates in the subsequent models (and thus the full model won't validate). Is there something that I'm missing that would allow me to call the result of the first sub model such that it only has to run once and still have the full model validate? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Sounds like you want to be using the Merge Branch tool? Have a look at the help file here:

Merge Branch—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos