Model Runs in Model Builder but not in Geoprocessing Pane ArcGIS Pro 2.5

11-09-2020 05:47 PM
KariSignor
New Contributor

I've been receiving a lot of errors in Model Builder when using LAS files, particularly when trying to string LAS geoprocessing tools together, where outputs from the previous tool will not 'ready' the next step until the first step has been run.  I have several more complex models that do not use .las files as input and they string together without issue.

This is a new issue though.  I created a simple model using Extract LAS with a LAS file (.las) as input and a polygon as the extraction boundary.  This runs perfectly fine within Model Builder with any .las file I input.

I've deleted the outputs, saved and validated the model.  But when I try to run my model in the Geoprocessing Pane, I receive this error.  What would cause a tool to fail in the Geoprocessing Pane if it functions in Model Builder?  A bug with Arc Pro?

Error in Geoprocessing Pane

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

You don't show what your inputs are so no one can answer this question! You just mention an error.

That said reading the Help file, Input is a LAS Dataset Layer this is what is explained in the syntax section.

If you read the usage section it talks about the  Make LAS Dataset Layer  tool, so you need to create a LAS Dataset layer to feed into your tool, not a path to a las file. This is what I can only guess is happening?