Model builder Issue (turns into graphic & can not open the tools)

04-03-2017 03:09 AM
AhmedAbdelnasser1
New Contributor III

Hi All,
I created a model and it crashed suddenly, it seems like it turned into Graphic I can see the tools but I can not open them nor interact with them.

If I double click on the tool or it's parameter nothing happens but renaming the tool.
the same happens when I open the model from ArcCatalog.

How can I get the model back?

In this case, I recreated the model from scratch If anyone finds a solution please share it with use 

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Too many things need answers, but the ... repairing a model link ...will put you into the middle of the modelbuilder help so you can backtrack to where things may have gone wrong

AhmedAbdelnasser1
New Contributor III

Thanks, Dan 

I had read the article before posting the question, but unfortunately, it is not covering the issue I faced.

I created the model from scratch again but I will just leave this question here in case someone found a solution. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

No clue then.  If rebuilding and replicating the model from scratch didn't result in the same initial problem, it is hard to pin a route cause.  A script can be saved and backed up easily, for models, you may need to produce incremental backups as you go along so at least you can return to a 'best before' time.  Then you can remove all the extra toolboxes when you have a working version.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you saved the model? What happens if you edit the model from ArcCatalog?

Think Location
0 Kudos
AhmedAbdelnasser1
New Contributor III

It's the same even if I copied the model to new tool box and tray to open it from arc catalog 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Can you share the tool that consist the model.

So we can try from our end.

For me I am bale to create , edit and update my existing model without any issue.

0 Kudos