Model Builder: How to add a record to a table that was created with "Create Table" Tool?

Jump to solution
05-13-2016 01:02 PM
deleted-user-bAEQZBbRer82
New Contributor

I am making a model. Within the model I create 2 new, empty tables with Create Table tool. I get record for the first table through itaration within the model. The secend table is linking the records (Append tool). However, to do this my created tables need to have one record - but they do not. I know how to add a record while editing. How to  do this within the model?  Or maybe there is another solution. Thank you for help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenSperry
New Contributor II

I know this question is very old but I figured a solution and thought I would save others time by putting it here. What I ended up doing is making a template table with a single empty row. I then use the Copy Rows or Copy Features tool and then use the output for whatever process within the model and at the end append it to the finished table or feature.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the way to think of modelbuilder is, if you can do the whole process using just tools in arctoolbox, then you can create a model from it.  If part of the process requires you to use bits of the arcmap interface that aren't in arctoolbox, then chances are you can't make a model out of it. 

deleted-user-bAEQZBbRer82
New Contributor

Thank you I thought that maybe there is a different way to deal with it...  

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

The append should work for the first record. You could also use record set Using the interactive feature and record input controls—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
BenSperry
New Contributor II

I know this question is very old but I figured a solution and thought I would save others time by putting it here. What I ended up doing is making a template table with a single empty row. I then use the Copy Rows or Copy Features tool and then use the output for whatever process within the model and at the end append it to the finished table or feature.

Cheers