Merge all iteration output to single output in modelbuilder

Jump to solution
04-22-2016 02:35 PM
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

In the model builder, I have different result of features on every iteration inside same model.

How can I merge all result feature to single output feature class ??

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbdullahAnter

I made it.

the solution is replace merge tool with append tool.

it was on that link : Problems Integrating Sub-Model into Master Model

View solution in original post

17 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Merge—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop is for featureclasses etc, but I suspect you are looking for

Merge Branch—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter

no that is not what I want.

I want to merge iteration results in feature class

I can do this if I know how can I make one tool inside model not run except the last iteration.  

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so the first merge is to merge the results of an iterator A quick tour of using iterators—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

and if you have separate processes, you can merge the separate processes... which may have an iterator in them... into a final output. 

So you have merging results of branched processes, merging the results of an iterator and merging the results of multple processes.  The tools are all outlined in the lines.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter

I didn't find in that link any topic about merge the results of an iterator  A quick tour of using iterators—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop .how can I do that??

then I can't separate my processes ,because it only one processes but every iteration give me other feature,

I use feature selection iteration . so every iteration different result , and I want to add all result in one feature class.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so every iteration produces  a new output... correct?  If it does, then you can merge those results using the conventional merge tool.

if you want to iterate through featureclasses, or a whole list of things... you use an iterator.

if you want to merge the results of separate or parallel processes, you merge the branches together with the merge branch tool

if your model is getting too complex.. it is time to break up your processes into separate models and leave them separate.

A picture of your model would help.

Perhaps others may have suggestions given none has been of use so far.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter

what is the conventional merge tool?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it is called Merge  check the links I already posted

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

See this thread to see how to merge outputs of an iterator:

Merge error after Iterate Feature Selection

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter

I tried to separate my model sub model for iteration and other to put first one and merge tool,

and I use variable substitution for sub model output , and the model run but the result was for last iteration only.

0 Kudos