Iteration for Zonal statistics as table

07-08-2022 07:56 AM
RyanDavidson1
New Contributor III

Hi

I'm trying to create a model to run the zonal statistics as table tool on multiple drone maps simultaneously then convert the tables to excel. I succeeded in constructing a model that does the job but i believe it is way too complex and that the model can be simpler. 

I found out about iterators and tried a few different types but didn't succeed to the degree that i wanted. Which iterator should i use for theses geotiff maps that i have?

I tried saving the maps into the relevant geodatabase but when i tried to configure the tools in the models the map files were not visible, when i look in file explorer they are there.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Re - missing rasters. I'm guessing you are placing .tif files into the geodatabase .gdb folder with copy paste from internet explorer or from some other software. If you do this ArcGIS can't see them. If you copy the rasters into the geodatabase in ArcGIS, this will save them as file geodatabase rasters (not .tifs) and ArcGIS will see them. However, my experience processing .tif files is faster so I don't recommend this (esp since your drone tifs are probably massive). So in short I suggest saving the .tifs into the folder the .gdb is in, or in a folder parallel to the .gdb folder.

I think the iterator you want is Iterate Rasters. It has lots of options to filter (by file type, wildcard name match). But it won't work if these are tif files stored in the geodatabase.

Hope this helps.

RyanDavidson1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the advice!

I used the raster to geodatabase tool, for anyone else doing this it only works if you select your rasters from the source folder in the above mentioned tool window, not if you select the rasters that may already be in the map and are selectable in the tools dropdown menu.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So: this tool seems to not work for raster layers, just raster datasets.

0 Kudos