How do you show the model builder dialog if you accidently close it whilst running?

03-19-2021 04:08 AM
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Here is a question to the model builder community.

I create a model and press run. If I want to stop the model I click on the red square on the dialog window as indicated by my arrow

DuncanHornby_0-1616151907083.png

Now dare I say it but I am but a mere mortal with many flaws and sometime I inadvertently click on the tiny cross which closes the dialog window. Why you ask? Well it is Friday...

How do I get back to that window so I can stop the model! You know the model is still running as ArcPro is sluggish and task manager says its doing something. I've not found a way of getting back to a running model to cancel it.

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ctrl alt del task manager  Is it showing a separate process for the model?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

No it's the main application process, if I stopped that I would be killing the ArcPro too which I do not want to do.

DuncanHornby_0-1616157925314.png

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you look for the model in the Analysis > History ?  Not sure it would show up there since it's a different thread?

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I'm afraid not. A model continues to run if I accidently close the dialog and nothing appears in the History whilst its running. I'm beginning to think this is a flaw in ArcPro. If the dialog is accidently closed there is no way to get back to it and cancel the executing model. Give it a try?

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

make the suggestion in Ideas to have the X stop and close instead of just close

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Dan - Done! Idea is here.