How can I use a remap as model parameter in a submodel in Model Builder ?

Jump to solution
09-02-2016 08:36 AM
JanWouters
New Contributor II

Hello,

I've encountered a problem when I want to use a remap as a model parameter in model builder.

I use in a model a reclassification tool and I've set a remap as model parameter with some default values in a submodel. When I run this submodel separately everything goes well. The screen displays the table with default values which I can edit.

When I want to use this model as a submodel, I get an empty table which is impossible to edit. 

I've added an attachment with some more details.

Has someone a solution for this ?

Many thanks in advance !

Regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

OK here is the same toolbox saved out as a 10.0 toolbox.

You are using quite an old version of ArcMap so this may be a bug that you cannot solve, hence it working for me and not you?

0 Kudos
JanWouters
New Contributor II

Hi Duncan,

Thanks, I could open this version. When I want to execute the master model (doubleclick) I still get an uneditable remap. Do you get another screen ? Because I had to redefine the submodel in the master-model you sent (the original master-model wasn't executable for me), maybe I did something wrong ?

When I edit the master model, the remap-variable is editable.  

greetings,

Jan

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

When I open the tool I first get this:

Inital screen

Then I select workspace:

Remap fills in as expected

As you can see the remap autocompletes and is freely editable. That's it! Nothing more. It sounds like a possible bug in version 10.0. ESRI don't seem to release patches for older versions, so you may need to upgrade (if you can) otherwise you'll just have to accept the limitations...

0 Kudos
JanWouters
New Contributor II

Duncan,

You're right. It's a bug in ArcMap 10.0 ! 

Many thanks for your support. Really appreciate it.

Jan