Having to import toolbox when running script tool within same toolbox

05-13-2020 03:07 AM
NealBanerjee
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have created a custom tool box that contains several tool sets an lots of individual models (see screenshot.  To be able to batch run many of the individual tools, I have create a several simple script tools that basically run a series of the models in sequence. 

Even though my script tools are withing the same overall toolbox, it seems in order for ArcMap to recognize and run my custom models I have to import the toolbox first (using ImportToolBox)  before running the scripttool  If I dont, I get an error about 'module has no object'.  I can work around this by importing the toolbox, but when sharing the tools, this can create some confusion if I hard code a path

My main questions are:

• Is there a better way to handle this so I dont have to import toolbox explicity within script with a path to the custom toolbox
  • Why would you have to load the toolbox if it is already loaded within my ArcMap session and I am calling the script tool from the same toolbox?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CihangirAydöner
New Contributor

I  have the same issue. I have 8 tools in a python toolbox and try to make another tool in the same toolbox that run several tools at once. Thanks for any suggestion. 

0 Kudos