Field Map In Model Builder

11-20-2014 12:12 PM
DavidCampbell
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a model that has a feature class to feature class inside of it with an iterate. As the first iterated item goes into the FC2FC it loads the field map with all of its fields. I need to drop all field map fields before each iteration of the FC2FC. Once before the tool starts iterating and then successively after each iteration. I cannot find anywhere how to delete the field map (bring all fields in input to the output).

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DavidCampbell
New Contributor III

Thanks, but how does this relate to my problem?? Field names themselves are not my issue, it is their presence or absence in the field map of the feature class to feature class tool.

How do I delete a field map as a precondition to running FC2FC?

0 Kudos
DavidCampbell
New Contributor III

Each iteration creates a new filename going into the feature class to coverage. This affects an interior ID field for tracking features within the coverage.

Is there a tool or something I can attach as a precondition to delete the field map?

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

That I don't know.

Somewhat related, there is a Delete Fields tool.  But I'm not sure if a workaround with that will help.

0 Kudos
FrankDougher1
New Contributor

David:

I apologize for dragging up a four year old post, but I'm having the same issue and I was wondering if you ever found a solution in model builder?

It looks like there are Python options for creating a new field map, but none that I'm aware of in Model Builder.

Thanks!

0 Kudos