Custom toolbox with "frequently used" tools. Can I make the toolbox generically available to other users?

12-02-2017 10:56 AM
lindatomaselli
New Contributor III

I have created my own toolbox named "frequently used"  containing tools that I use regularly.  I have developed a set of detailed models that use these tools.  Now I want to make these models available to other users but the "frequently used" tools are in my "users\linda..........My toolboxes".  Do I have to redo all of my models to use the tools from the original locations.  There are probably hundreds of instances of "add field" and "calculate field".  

Also, how can I revise the models so they do not contain the drive letter (f: in my case).

I know that I can convert them all to python scripts and then edit them with find and replace, but I want to make the models available to other users, who may not know how to use python.

The attached python script shows an example.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Everything is 'relative'... If your model properties, had relative paths set and you don't use specific fields and allow users to select their own data because your inputs and outputs were defined as parameters and not hard coded... maybe.  The only way to test is throw everything into a toolbox, keep your models etc in one folder, move to another machine and give it a dry run