cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Activity

(8 Posts)
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI, links to the latest introductory technical workshop videos from the Esri UC 2019 conference, related to the ArcGIS Field Apps in the ArcGIS Platform, are available online.

1. ArcGIS Apps for the Field: An Introduction

2. Workforce for ArcGIS: An Introduction

3. Collector for ArcGIS: An Introduction

4. Survey123 for ArcGIS: An Introduction

5. ArcGIS QuickCapture: An Introduction

6. Tracker for ArcGIS: An Introduction

7. Navigator for ArcGIS: An Introduction

To learn more about Field Operations in ArcGIS,

Field Operations | Field Apps to Optimize Efficiency 

To learn more about deploying the ArcGIS Field Apps and security considerations,

ArcGIS Secure Mobile Implementation Patterns whitepaper

Enjoy,

more
3 0 2,962
DerekLaw

In 1 week, Manage Your Field Operations in Real Time webinar discussing the ArcGIS Field Apps; presented by Jeff Shaner‌. Wed Oct 10, 2018 | 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. (PDT).

Registration link: https://bit.ly/2PaAHK0

Description: Realize the value of ArcGIS field apps to improve your asset inspection workflows. Learn how to use mobile apps to help coordinate, navigate, capture, and monitor field operations. In this webinar, Esri experts will demonstrate how ArcGIS apps for the field work together to optimize workflows.

Learn about:

• Schedule and dispatch resources effectively.
  • Define routes to your projects and assets.
  • Capture data and offline in the field.
  • Empower stakeholders with easy-to-understand dashboards that support informed decision-making.

more
0 0 882
DerekLaw

FYI, here's a great video from the Esri 2018 User Conference of the ArcGIS Apps for the Field: An Introduction technical session presented by Ismael Chivite‌ and Chris LeSueur‌. A nice starting point to learn about the ArcGIS field apps to help plan, coordinate, run and monitor field operations. 

ArcGIS Apps for the Field: An Introduction

Enjoy,

more
0 0 677
DerekLaw

FYI, this is a nice primer video on the various ArcGIS Field Apps - which enables GIS in the field to support your business workflows.

ArcGIS Apps for the field - YouTube  (3 mins)

Enjoy,

more
0 1 730
DerekLaw

Hot off the presses ... checkout this whitepaper I wrote with the Esri Security team!!

Description: This white paper helps guide IT managers and GIS administrators in deploying an enterprise GIS with a mobile field component. It discusses the esri GeoSpatial Cloud, the "Web GIS" pattern with the ArcGIS Platform, the ArcGIS Field Apps, enterprise mobile app management, enterprise security mechanisms, and concludes with a section on different deployment scenarios. The objective is to provide some background, tips, and guidance as they implement a secure enterprise GIS solution.

UPDATED 11/12/2019:

The whitepaper has been updated with the following:

- Information on the high level field operations product story;

- Addition of ArcGIS QuickCapture and Tracker for ArcGIS field apps; along with other ArcGIS mobile apps;

- Updates to mobile device management (MDM) support by the ArcGIS mobile apps;

- Updates to portal membership and a discussion on ArcGIS user types;

- Updates to enterprise security mechanisms section;

- New section on compliance;

- Updates to security deployment considerations.

Get the whitepaper: http://arcg.is/2izkAtW

Enjoy,

more
16 6 6,103
DerekLaw

A great article published in Field Technologies Online which discusses how the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC), the third-largest municipal utility in California, saved $40,000 on their mobile inspections using Survey123 for ArcGIS.

Mobilizing Inspections Saves $40000 

(registration is required to view the entire article, but worth it)

Enjoy,

more
0 0 694
JamesPreston
Occasional Contributor

I have found that while Collector is generally quite user friendly and easy to use, there are still some users that struggle with some aspects of the data collection process. I have written a quick generic guide that outlines the data collection process from opening the app and collecting some data, to syncing. I have included lots of screenshots to illustrate each step. I am hoping that this will reduce user frustration, and also reduce my time spent training users, and processing data collection errors.

Currently I have only included instruction on collecting point data. Some things that I plan to add in the future are:

• Instruction on collecting line and polygon data. Although I do not have many users collecting this sort of data yet, so it is not a priority at this stage.
  • Some detail on adjusting the required GPS accuracy.
  • Some detail on turning layers on and off.

Feel free to download it and use it. You may want to edit it and use it as a base for your own guide. I have attached .docx and .pdf files. If you do use it I would be interested to hear about it.

more
2 7 3,279
6 Subscribers