Old newbie?

08-11-2022 09:16 AM
ThomasBall
New Contributor II

Hi.  I'm a North West Missouri State University, GI Science Master's candidate. I'm Grateful Deadhead old. I know stuff and I fix things. 
I have a single-minded preoccupation (possibly, obsession) with my thesis questions (persistent poverty counties and high poverty areas), and would love to talk about them with like-minded addicts. 
There's my introduction. You can email me at: S542354@nwmissouri.edu 
or  
cleanwaters.ball2@gmail.com

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasBall
New Contributor II

PS. I'm also vocationally interested in Remote Sensing, Detection and measurement of Non-native Invasive Plant Species (NNIPs), Native Prairie Restoration, Stormwater Basin (BMPs) construction and maintenance, Endangered Species Recovery (primarily the 3 FWS listed species in and on the Missouri River-- Least Tern, Piping Plover and Pallid Sturgeon-- 2 birds and a fish).  I did say above, Masters thesis QuestionS. I am not trained in econometrics, much less spatial econometrics (Anselin, etc); but rather have been siezed by an interesting question in an area that requires new skills.  Feel free to email me if you have interest in these additonal domains. I reply to myself, because I could not edit my original introduction post after hitting "Poost".

0 Kudos
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, @ThomasBall!

You have come to the right place to share ideas and discuss passions within the GIS world. Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started:

And, noting your specific interest, these areas may prove a good starting point:

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos