New to the Group

Jump to solution
03-20-2023 08:38 AM
Chris684
New Contributor

Hello all! I'm getting back into GIS. I received a degree in Geography in 2015, so anything I did involving GIS is probably outdated. I want to eventually get to the point of taking coursework for a GIS certificate, but first want to take time to get reacquainted and learn as much as possible. I've been looking on YouTube, Coursera, ESRI training itself, etc. but any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I know I'll also need to get an appropriate computer to run the software, so recommendations there would be awesome too lol. Thanks for taking the time! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, @Chris684!

We're glad to hear you're diving back into the GIS field. Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started: 

I'll leave it to other Community members to add computer suggestions but please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You'll need a better computer for ArcGIS Pro as its requirements are much higher.

BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, @Chris684!

We're glad to hear you're diving back into the GIS field. Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started: 

I'll leave it to other Community members to add computer suggestions but please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
Chris684
New Contributor

Thank you for all the information, Brianna!