Hello friends

Jump to solution
07-29-2021 10:22 AM
EmanuelKivuyo
New Contributor II

My Name is Emanuel Michael Kivuyo. I work as a Wildlife Ecologist in Ruvuma Landscape a cross-border area between Tanzania and Mozambique. Where my responsibility involve studying the life processes of animals and their environment as well as wildlife population dynamics; monitoring plant and animal habitats, determines which animals are affecting nature in a detrimental way, and helps restore and conserve animal habitats within the WMAs, buffer areas of Selous Game Reserve and the Selous-Niassa Wildlife Corridor. Designing and conducting regular wildlife surveys, small mammal trapping, camera trapping, drones surveillance, spotlight surveys and monitor wildlife behaviors related to Human Wildlife Conflicts within the buffer areas of Selous Game Reserve among other. Compiling map concerning with illegal activities, wildlife sightings, Human wildlife conflict incidences. Am glad to join this community

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kamaniAbeysirigunawardena
New Contributor II

Nice to hear from you. I am also working in Department of wildlife
Conservation in Sri Lanka and preparation maps for Human Elephant Conflict
, and Habitat maps for National Parks and Sanctuaries.My mail address is

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Daniel_McCulloch
Esri Contributor

Hi Emanuel,

Your environmental and wildlife work sounds amazing 

Welcome to the Esri Community.

EmanuelKivuyo
New Contributor II

Many thanks Daniel. It is my pleasure

0 Kudos
kamaniAbeysirigunawardena
New Contributor II

Nice to hear from you. I am also working in Department of wildlife
Conservation in Sri Lanka and preparation maps for Human Elephant Conflict
, and Habitat maps for National Parks and Sanctuaries.My mail address is

EmanuelKivuyo
New Contributor II

Thanks Kamani,

That's good work focusing in support the local communities on HEC. I also work in that areas and I hope to buy a leaf from your side as I has heard HEC is critical in Asia especially in your areas. hope we can exchange email as well and start from there. Mine is emichael@wwftz.org

Cheers,

Emanuel

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome, @EmanuelKivuyo

Thanks for joining us here and sharing a great introduction to your work!

We have Conservation and Science places in Esri Community where you can discuss your work with other ArcGIS users in similar fields. If you have any products that you are using and have questions about, see our Product Communities to follow discussions and ask questions. 

If you need any help with using Esri Community, see our Community Basics place for help documents. Looking forward to seeing you around the community! 

Cheers, 

Leslie

0 Kudos
EmanuelKivuyo
New Contributor II

Thanks Leslie for such a warm welcome and of course for sharing the links to explore more.

Regards,

Emanuel.

0 Kudos