Community-based Effort to Integrate Ecoservices Into Built Environment Needs CityEngine Help

05-11-2023 11:03 AM
gbrumwell2
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I'm Gordon.  My background is Biology and I and other community members are working with County planners to create a zoning overlay draft to integrate items like rain gardens, shade trees, and greater preservation of existing trees into new builds and significant re-builds along a major road.  I was able to motivate community members by learning the basics of ArcGIS Pro myself and showing the local gov't essentially neglected to provide any public outdoor recreation in the 40,000 acres around us - this morphed into the overlay project, above.

While I was able to learn the basics of ArcGIS Pro and of CityEngine (CE), I'm having difficulty with the simplest of CGA programming.  I'm using CE 2022.1.8, and have found in a tutorial a zoning rule to help the community visualize the good and bad of the current draft.  But, I tried to slightly modify it to show what sub-overlay each parcel is assigned via color, and failed.  I'm under a very tight deadline and have done enough tutorials to know I need help this time to keep me on schedule for the next community meeting.  So please direct me to the beginners' CGA forum - a seasoned CGA practitioner will know in an instant how to do this.

Thank you,

Gordon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, Gordon!

Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started: 

Noting your specific question, we don't currently have a forum or location dedicated specifically to CGA discussions. We recommend posting your question in either ArcGIS Pro Questions or ArcGIS CityEngine Questions, where it's most likely to catch the eye of another member who has the expertise you're looking for.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about using Esri Community! 

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
gbrumwell2
New Contributor II

Thanks Jesse!