veiwshed error - raster has no data... but it does really

11-09-2010 08:52 AM
keithmiller
New Contributor
I am continually getting an error trying to run a viewshed on a tiff using an observer point that matches the projection of the ratser.  However, I get the error -
error 010004 : All cells in grid <name taken away>  have the NODATA value.

Everything about my tiff looks OK, it displays, has data, seems to have the ancialry files, etc. 

Any ideas???
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III
I am continually getting an error trying to run a viewshed on a tiff using an observer point that matches the projection of the ratser.  However, I get the error -
error 010004 : All cells in grid <name taken away>  have the NODATA value.

Everything about my tiff looks OK, it displays, has data, seems to have the ancialry files, etc. 

Any ideas???

Hi Keith

I have hit a similar problem in ArcGIS 10 but with GRID data. I clipped a raster dataset into lots of separate circles with a 300m diameter. I then tried to run a viewshed against a known height for each clipped grid but kept getting the error you describe. This being error: 010004.

Kind regards

Tim
0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II
I'm having the same issue.

Any help?
0 Kudos
MarkBeaty
New Contributor
Bump - Same issue  with this caveat:

I am getting the error when I run a subset of points.  I am not getting the error when I used all of my points.

Edit:  Figured it out
I had a single reference point that was inside the raster's extent, which is why it was not giving me the error when I was running all the points at the same time.

Ugh. Now I have to figure out if there is way to use points that are not within the extend of the DEM
0 Kudos